Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Coal Bucket Deli

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Coal Bucket Deli

    Drove down the old road from Norton to Appy today. Noticed that the Coal Bucket Deli had reopened.

    Also had the largest bear I've ever seen in the immediate area cross the road in front of me not far from the Verizon offices.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I've lived around here my entire life (32 years) and have never seen a bear in the area.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    btw... not doubting you, I know they're around. I've just never been lucky enough to see one.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    ive saw two, one on the highway, right about spear's ferry, it came across the road in front of us one day.

    and the other, across from Pizza Hut up on the hill, there was a bear that used to hang around up there

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I've seen several, of course my old job use to take me to all the strip jobs and other out of the way remote places.

    This one was kind of strange first because of where it was and second because of it's size. Sure didn't expect to see anything like that as I went down through there.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    Last fall a guy I work with took a picture of 3 in Wise. When you pass McDonalds and go up the hill heading into Wise, there's that Law Office on the right. A momma bear and two cubs ran right in front of him and up that road that leads to houses. He turned on to the road and took pictures of the three bears running up the hill.

    When I worked at St. Mary's back in the late 90's a Norton Police officer told me he saw one run through down town one night.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I've lived around here my entire life (32 years) and have never seen a bear in the area.

    btw... not doubting you, I know they're around. I've just never been lucky enough to see one.

    You don't do enough hunting.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I guess zero would be considered not enough. I lived in the woods when I was a kid though. Never saw hide, nor hair of them on Caney Ridge.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    They are more common now than when I was young, never saw one until I started driving truck.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •